For more than 30 years, successful projects around the world have relied on Oracle’s Primavera solutions to plan, build, and operate critical assets. It is the only solution that integrates project and portfolio planning and delivery teams for planning, resourcing, risk mitigation, scheduling, and program management. Manage projects of any size. Robust, and easy-to-use. Cloud-based, delivering fast time to value.
Amjad M. Specializzazione: Settore marittimo Numero di dipendenti: 1.001-5.000 dipendenti
It was my daily driver for years and despite the steep learning curve, it was an extremely capable tool.
- has everything required for project scheduling using critical path method (WBS, activities, cost and resource loading)
- Global change offers an unbelievably powerful solution to change thousands of activities on the fly.
- Can handle very large schedules that include tens of thousands of activities at ease.
- Works using databases rather than project files which makes it suitable for working on many projects and offers many types of databases (Oracle, SQL server, SQLite)
- supports single or multiple users
- now has the EPPM version which is cloud-based and has improved immensely over the years
- It shines for large and complex projects, for smaller and simpler schedules it tends to be more cumbersome.
- It requires a very good understanding of how the software and CPM work when analysing results. Otherwise; mistakes can be done easily
- While powerfull, the reporting feature of the Pro version (Standalone) looks antiquated in comparison to the EPPM cloud version.
- The standalone version has not received any important feature updates for years.
- Lacks the seamless integration with MS Office that MS Project has
- Requires IT assistance to migrate the database from one computer to another
Utente Verificato Specializzazione: Design Numero di dipendenti: 10.001+ dipendenti
Overall I really love the software and the problems it solves. I am able to export to an excel file to analyze which makes things a lot easier for me. Then I can re-upload the excel file and it will adopt any changes I have made in the spreadsheet.
I love how easy is it to see linked attributes in the gantt chart. There is simple connecting and coloring that allows you to track exactly where you are on a program, project or task level. It is relatively easy to use. As long as you are familiar with Excel you should be able to use most of the basic features. The WBS structure is similar to other programs I've worked in and the ability to copy and past at different levels helps to speed up the setup of a project.
There are a ton of functionality with the software but I have found it difficult to get any instruction or help when I get into some of the more complex features. Googling is about your best bet when you have a questions about something. There have also been some issue when you switch between versions. New versions aren't able to connect to the older version's server and therefore do not have access to the other schedules.
Utente Verificato Specializzazione: Industria edilizia Numero di dipendenti: 5.001-10.000 dipendenti
Overall I am satisfied with the easy interface of the software. It is really a user friendly software.
You can easily link predecessors successors including the lag time as well. Scheduling and resource loading is very easy.
Sometimes when you refresh the software it automatically changes many dates even without a prior warning that you are making a mistake which is really annoying.
Rodrigo R. Specializzazione: Biotecnologie Numero di dipendenti: 13-50 dipendenti
Working as expected for experienced project managers. Poor interface for less experienced users.
Powerful platform with options for most of the PM areas of interest. I really liked the capabilities to manage resources and cost.
Not intuitive at all. The user interface may look complex and hard to use for not so experienced users. The data import feature is super confuse and had to be improved.
Muhammed anshad K. Specializzazione: Industria edilizia Numero di dipendenti: 201-500 dipendenti
No doubt, it's the best project scheduling tool that is available for construction industry till date. Overall I would prefer this software over any other similar software for its pros mentioned.
Oracle Primavera P6 is one of the best Project Scheduling tool that works on Critical path Method. I like the following features the most
- Vast integration capability with Web, EPPM, Primavera Mobile and other oracle tools
- Ability to generate large amount of data especially in the form of spreadsheet
- Fully functional Earned Value Management
The software UI is old style and the options are not properly organised. There are some software bugs that are still persistent and oracle has been very slow in debugging them.