Moodle is a free, open-source learning management system (LMS) available to users in corporate and academic settings. It allows course administrators to extend users' education beyond the classroom or office. Private websites can be created and customized to include dynamic courses that engage learners and allow their progress to be tracked and reported.
Moodle's focus is on usability, and includes customizable themes and a wide range of modules and features. Individual learners can be tested through assignments and quizzes, and collaboration can be promoted through user-generated wikis, workshops and forums.
Gamification features such as rewards, leaderboards and hidden easter eggs help keep learners engaged, while freely available plug-ins and add-ons allow course administrators to create a learning environment that fits their needs.
Moodle is Web-based and comes with over 100 language packs for use in most parts of the world, along with the global network of certified Moodle Partners available to assist with integration and customer support.
Chamath N. Specializzazione: Software informatici Numero di dipendenti: Lavoratore autonomo
In the beginning, I would say it's a bit harder to learn but after I read their documentation and refer some guides I become a master of Moodle. There are a good amount of helping documentations with Moodle you can find almost anything on their documentation. I’m happy to say that still our students using it daily. If you have a small budget this is a great choice. I’m very satisfied on Moodle and I can recommend for anyone those who are looking for a good LMS platform
I have used Moodle for an organization to implement an e-learning platform. I have searched for may LMS and finally, I selected Moodle because it’s open source and very customizable for our requirements. While I am using the Moodle I can list down some pros according to my experience
- Moodle has Multilingual capability that allows users to use multi-language it was a great feature for me.
- Manage user roles and permission, You can define roles to users and manage user access
- Bulk course creation and easy to backup
- Customizable or create our own themes
- Very useful calendar to track course deadlines, meetings and many more
- Admin user can Install and disable 3rd party plugins
Though Moodle offers many features there are some things that I don’t like much. I can list a few cons of Moodle
- The learning curve is a bit higher for administration and building Moodle courses for First-time users
- If you need to customize some functionalities requires a Moodle programmer
- The look and feel a bit outdated even if you use a theme it feels like bit older
- I faced some upgrading issues it’s not that easy for me
Eduardo L. Specializzazione: E-learning Numero di dipendenti: 51-200 dipendenti
Excellent. I have used Moodle to teach High School pupils ever since I was first exposed to it in 2013. I have supported my teaching of both English and Spanish as Foreign Languages at school. In addition, I have used Moodle to develop and facilitate several workshops: "How to use Moodle...Workshops" in both English and Spanish aimed at colleagues in Israel, workshops on PBL in English, Spanish and Hebrew, and more.
I find this Learning Management System to be suitable for Blended Learning (That is, using it to support Face to Face my teaching). It is also very useful for teaching my High School pupils fully online. I find it easy to create, upload and organize learning content the way that best suits my needs as a teacher.
As far as Israel, the country where I live and teach is concerned, I find a problem in the fact that Moodle (the company) has NOT managed to (or perhaps, NOT tried enough) to convince teachers that it is the best alternative available as an LMS. While Moodle has been adopted bt the Israel Ministry of Education as its LMS, this has not been adopted by lots of teachers in the field yet. This is, of course, not a problem with the software itself, but a problem of image and the effort invested. Moodle has recently appointed a Moodle Partner in Israel. I guess this is one task that this partner might take up. As a Moodle enthusiast, I wish this Partner success.
Utente Verificato Specializzazione: Servizi finanziari Numero di dipendenti: 10.001+ dipendenti
I actually love the functions of this Moodle. It provides the best features for students to learn and review their lectures. Furthermore, it associates with other learning tools on its website. I strongly recommend students should use Moodle to improve their grades.
Using moodle will give you better control in your studying. I have a fantastic experience during my school year at York University with amazing management software as Moodle. It helped us organize folders in each course section, so you can find your course faster. Also, the appearance is straightforward to see. Especially, whenever the course in the progress meets the end, the course folder will be automatically put into the past section. It is really fancy. Moreover, every lecture of the course will be posted on Moodle before the class started. Students can access to read ahead of the lecture which giving them more information and understanding about the lecture of the day.
So far, I could not find any errors with Moodle after giving me a great impression with its neat and organized; except, there was one that causes annoying me which Moodle usually update its version, so I cannot access at the important time that I want to log in to Moodle.
Utente Verificato Specializzazione: Gestione formativa Numero di dipendenti: 51-200 dipendenti
So far, my colleague developers and I are excited about Moodle. We're currently customizing it (creating courses, students, faculty members, enrolling students in their courses, branding, carrying out training for both faculty and students) to suit our University's standard as we will deploy it for our students this academic year 2019/2020.
- It's built with the common language PHP and MySQL which makes it easy to customize (by Developers)
- It has so many detailed features built-in, such as setting the date a course will begin and end, methods for learners to enroll in a course, the timezone of the learner, and more features.
- Many plugins (such as video LiveStreaming, quiz modules, assignment modules) are present which provides even more features to the software.
- It has detailed documentation for Developers and General users on how to carry out functions on the software.
- Moodle is so far one of the best e-learning software which fosters the distant learning culture and is so helpful to learners for example in areas with a socio-political crisis.
- A fee is required for any least additional functionality the client wants to be added on Moodle.
- The codebase is so hard to understand especially for non-Moodle Developers hence making it difficult to customize Moodle by yourself or team developers if they are not an expert.
- Moodle is strictly course-based, making it hard to integrate and synchronize with say, a platform already built and used by a school, in this case, our University.
- Email sent by the Moodle system to users always land in their spam/junk folder or doesn't even get sent at all.
Tigran P. Specializzazione: Servizi bancari Numero di dipendenti: 5.001-10.000 dipendenti
Moodle is a main source that is used in my university(I am doing my Masters and working at the same time). It helps me to submit my homework and track deadlines. Although I am very good at using Moodle now, it took me a long time to get used to it.
First it is free source for students, so you do not pay anything. Second you can enroll for different types of classes just using enrollment key and this is very convenient. Besides Moodle shows you the deadline for different assignments and you can submit your university homework by using Moodle, which is very practical and easy. Also it allows you to track your GPA for each course, that you too before. Moodle recently added a group chat function, and this might be a great tool for team projects.
It is very slow. Sometimes it takes more that 1 minute in order to upload 1 Word file. This is quite embarrassing. Also it sometimes have serious technical issues and students do not have access to Moodle. Also, the interface of Moodle is not well designed and it took me a while to become familiar with it.