My Hours is a cloud-based time tracking solution that enables organizations to monitor employees working hours. The solution tracks time manages billing and assists in the scheduling of tasks.
It features client reporting, supervision of tasks performed by teams, planning budget by generating reports and invoicing of payments. My Hours project management module allows managers to create client specific projects, assign tasks and assign human resources to projects. In addition, the system allows managers to assign billing rates per project, task and employee required for a project.
The reporting feature helps the employee to schedule time and break down each task on an hourly basis and once the task gets completed it can be sent to the client through email.
My Hours dashboard analyzes and summarizes time spent by calculating billable time and billable amounts spent on each project. It also allows managers and team leaders to delegate tasks to team members in real-time and calculate costs for each employee. Support is available via email.
Barbara H. Specializzazione: Software informatici Numero di dipendenti: Lavoratore autonomo
Very good experience. On the rare occasion I have asked for customer support I've been pleased with the responsiveness. I feel that the subscription is very well priced. I signed up for the paid PRO version. Really pleased with the functionality. Though for a period I did not need the invoicing feature, so it was an added bonus that I could switch to the free version for just tracking hours, and my history was retained.
I like that I can track by project and then different ways within the project. I choose hours. Then I can pull a summary as well as generate an invoice. Very easy and clean and very cost effective.
If I had to pick something, first I'll preface by saying in no way is this a deal breaker. But the calendar starts with Monday, instead of the US calendar view I am more familiar with which starts on Sunday.
Nadege B. Specializzazione: Ufficio del Direttore Numero di dipendenti: Lavoratore autonomo
Response time of MyHours is amazing. You click, it starts. Some other software are simply too slow to process information or start tasks and I'm always wondering if the task timer has started or not. Also, this UI actually incites you to take notes which is never something you do naturally because, at that moment, you KNOW what you are working on. However, two months down the line, when the client says "what is this 4h30 log there ??", you can respond clearly "Oh you called me and you procrastinated for hours before making a decision, that's why it took so long dude !" :))
- Its user interface is pretty, fast-reacting, intuitive. It takes no time to understand how it works.
- You can assign the same task to various projects, which is pretty cool : the fact that I have several projects where the same tasks apply (I manage a client's clients and for each of them, I have translations, website audit, profile analysis to do... So it's great to create the task once and for all and assign it to each sub-client).
- With the invoicing feature, you can see immediately what's been invoiced, what's to be invoiced. As a freelancer, this is great as you don't necessarily invoice all your clients at the end of a month. Some yes, but some are invoiced at the end of a project. No looking around, exports, calculations, to see who needs to be invoiced.
- Because of how it's set up, unless you are really not focused, it's pretty impossible to have logs that don't correspond to a project and a client. My previous time tracking softwares were leaving me with unidentified logs that kept me wondering for hours on what project / task I worked three weeks ago, at 1.21am !! :) I ended up deleting logs because I had no clue if it was a mistake or a real work log...
- You can set up hourly rates per task or per project or per team member. That comes in handy because, in my case, I have different clients that I charge differently. And within the same client, I also have different rates depending on the project.
- Pricing is spot on.
Liking "least" is not how I would define it... I would say there is room for improvement in a couple of areas that are, right now, not critical for me (but might be for others):
- No integration (that I know of) with productivity software / project management software (Asana, Basecamp, Monday, Slack, Airtable, etc...). For some, it will prove a bit wasteful to have tasks in those apps and to have to repeat them in MyHours.
- Filtering is limited. For example, I have two clients that are close partners and even though I invoice them separately, projects are intertwined. I need to group those two clients together when I report and analyze time spent on projects. Right now, I can only filter one client at a time and I would appreciate filter where you can multiple select.
- Like all time trackers I know, MyHours also doesn't provide a really great to have feature : providing a read only view for clients of logs applying to them. For example, one of my clients for whom I work on a daily basis needs to know my "count" for the month at any given time, so he knows if he can give me more work or not, since we are on an hours package basis... Having a permanent URL where he can check on his own where I'm at and what I've worked on and how long would avoid time wasted for him asking me and time wasted for me telling him :)
Risposta: Spica 19/7/2019
thank you so much for your kind review.
Below are my short comments:
1. We are indeed slow on the integrations part. Will improve on this front very soon.
2. You can, in fact, select multiple projects or clients in reports. Maybe it is not straightforward enough. Please, contact support to learn how.
3. Shared reporting would make total sense, thanks.
Thank you for your suggestions and kind words.
My Hours Team
Veronica T. Specializzazione: Scrittura e attività redazionali Numero di dipendenti: Lavoratore autonomo
Because I work from home, I could not keep track of how much time I was actually putting in on the job. With constant interruptions from children, pets, and spouse, I felt that I was working 8 hours, but I was only getting about 2 hours work done. With this program, I was able to give my family a visual report about how much time I was actually getting to work at one time. Once they understood how their interruptions were interfering with my workday, they were more understanding of my time and started backing off during work hours.
I can track my hours according to client, project, and task. I can create reports based on days, weeks, or months or based on client, project, or task. If I need a report that I cannot figure out how to create, I can download all the data to my hard drive and fiddle with it in Excel.
I love this software because I can do almost everything I need to do with a keyboard shortcut. My favorite thing, though, is the ease with which it tracks my hours and lets me know how much time I spent actually working today.
Some of the reports are difficult to figure out how to create, though I do usually get there eventually. Also, I don't have a way to sort according to the Notes, so I had to create separate tasks for each chapter, so I'd know how much time I was spending on specific chapters.
Bob R. Specializzazione: Scrittura e attività redazionali Numero di dipendenti: 2-10 dipendenti
As a small business with only a handful of clients, it's vitally important for me to know how much time I'm actually spending on a project. I've tried various time-tracking tools and My Hours is, by far, the best value of the bunch: Just the right amount of functionality without too many complications, and at a fair cost. I've recommended it to others on several occasions.
My Hours is an affordable, simple system to track time for anyone or any organization that works by the hour. I started with it as an individual and it was a great tool for helping me improve my estimates and increase profitability of the work I took on. I've since expanded it to a small team, and it's my main resource for time management and substantiating client invoices.
There are a few issues, such as the selector window shuts down when you reach the bottom of a list - so if you're just a little bit heavy on the mouse and miss the right moment to click, you end up having to go back and re-select the client/project etc. Also, a recent change in the way reports work has forced me to change the way I do billing. I find it frustrating but no more so than the unanticipated changes every online service provider makes from time to time.
Hlonipha N. Specializzazione: Design Numero di dipendenti: Lavoratore autonomo
My overall experience with My Hours has been quite good. I have been able to now measure how long I take to do particular types of design projects and general tasks, towards improving my work efficiency.
The ability to just simply start the timer without needing to fill in any task details until when I am able to do so. The ability to start multiple tasks and edit the details/time of the tasks even manually as I go.
I also enjoy the offline app integration that helps me to continue to track my time even when not connected to the internet for syncing when connected.
I have also found the "Copy to today" feature quite handy.
I have still not yet figured out how the 'tasks' work. I often find I can't repeat a task name for different projects. I can rather say, I have only managed a makeshift working knowledge of how to organise projects and tasks however I do not think I am using the features effectively.
I also wish the option to export the dashboard summary and data visualisation was available, or I could at least figure it out if it is there. I end up just saving a pdf of the dashboard through the Chrome print/save pdf feature.