SAP S/4HANA is an integrated enterprise resource planning (ERP) software suite designed to serve businesses of size and kinds. SAP ERP is used to address the needs of many industry verticals including manufacturing, retail, service and distribution industries.
SAP ERP Financials Management offers applications for general ledger, journal entries, project cost accounting, budget management, financial reporting, multi-currency support and other functions. Even as a fully-functional ERP product, SAP for Distribution delivers tracking, management, analytics, reporting, compliance and collaboration processes.
SAP ERP is deployed on-site and runs on Windows operating systems. It is designed for deployments with between one and thirty users. The system offers a remote support platform that can perform automatic system health checks, scheduled database maintenance operations, upgrade eligibility checks and automatic fixes for detected issues. In addition, it offers a Software Development Kit that gives programmers the ability to interface external applications with ERP suite or add custom functionality.
Ben M. Specializzazione: Agricoltura Numero di dipendenti: 10.001+ dipendenti
I use SAP daily. Currently, it allows me to lookup customer balances and extend credit limits. I have also used to it post financial entries and reconcile account balances. It's very versatile and allows me to do a range of activities to get my job done quickly and efficiently.
I really enjoy using SAP. I use it daily first in my accounting role and now in credit. It is very practical and easy to use once you know how to use it. It has extreme versatility and functionality. I would never want to use another finance software after using SAP!
I think it could be a bit more aesthetically pleasing; that being said its all about functionality.
Smit S. Specializzazione: Contabilità Numero di dipendenti: 13-50 dipendenti
Overall very good ERP solution, it is also to be noted that 90% of fortune 500 companies uses SAP for their all business solutions.
SAP AG is Germany based company who has developed business integrated ERP software which cater all your business requirement.
1. SAP has different modules within the software like material management, sales and Distribution, fixed asset etc which very well integrates with each other and helps to provide in depth solution for all business requirement.
2. SAP has ability to maintain complete audit trail, which helps the business user to fix the accountability of each user.
3. Data analysis is the one of the best feature that ultimately helps the business to take effective decisions.
4. User security, user authorization system is also added advantage which helps in managing authorized access to any system data.
1. SAP is mainly suitable for large enterprises having employees strength more that 300-400, and where all roles and responsibility of the uses is clearly identified.
2. Its implementation cost and maintenance cost is high and sufficient training is also required to be given to all concerned users.
3. it is essential to have separate team who can help the user to solve all the issues related to SAP or some agency needs to be hired for such problems, which ultimately increases the cost of company.
4. Unless the roles and responsibility are not clearly identified there is no much benefit of the so called ERP solution.
5. In nutshell unless the company has good employee size and business then only SAP is suitable.
Juli T. Specializzazione: Vendita al dettaglio
Robust system; powerful features. Was able to provide efficiencies with the payment process, easier to research and identify the underlying transactions when performing analytical reviews. Had strong capabilities for complex consolidation structures and multi-country currencies.
Complex and time consuming conversion process. Required a lot of time during the testing and researching mapping issues phases of the conversion. Important to have a well-trained superuser in each location that can assist other team members during and after the conversion process. Because the system has so many features, there are also a lot of new things to learn.
Hire conversion resources who are dedicated and have prior knowledge of this system. Implement in phases due to its complexity and tendency to overwhelm finance team members. Prioritize what can be done in later phases so that that users are not ovewhelmed with too many changes. Once the system is in place, it delivers what you need.
Phillip E. Specializzazione: Software informatici Numero di dipendenti: 2-10 dipendenti
The training is very useful as it gives more edge over other ERP. If you can work with any SAP products, other ERP Software will not difficult to understand and navigate.
1. It allows for future expansion of different organisation's operations as more features can be deployed to improve operational efficiency.
2. It guides users to make use of best general accounting accepted principles while performing their functions.
3. It reduce time in executing jobs and increases efficiency in project execution.
4. it is very user-friendly if well understood with in-depth training.
5. It synchronise seamlessly with Microsoft Office products such as Outlook, Excel, and Word.
1. It make use of specialised alphanumeric figures there making it very difficult to set-up by users of other ERP softwares.
2. It is not cost efficient for companies of unstable financial status.
3. Its installation is difficult for non-IT expert as it obeys the OSI layers: Application, Database and Network.
4. The distribution per use is not really flexible compared to other ERP Software.
Scotty S. Specializzazione: Macchinari Numero di dipendenti: 51-200 dipendenti
SAP is very powerful and has all the functionality you need to run your business from job entry to shipping out the door.
Business flow is logical and easy to follow.
Nothing really about the software I do not like, a lower cost would be good.