NetSuite Manufacturing Edition offers an integrated inventory, warehouse management, accounting and financial management, order management, customer relationship management (CRM), and e-commerce platform. Offered as a cloud-based solution and delivered over the web, NetSuite can be used by manufacturing businesses to manage production orders, ensure base inventory level restocking, and ensure the success and quality of special orders. In addition, the system also supports inventory for multiple locations, assembly management requirements, bill of materials, work order management, diverse methods of measurement, barcoding procedures, and other necessary business processes in the manufacturing industry. It can also integrate shipping processes with mainstream carriers, such as FedEx.
NetSuite Manufacturing Edition can help track down leads and turn them into finalized orders, while also tracking the association between production and revenue for manufacturing companies. The business dashboard is customizable and allows monitoring real-time business operations.
As with other SaaS packages, the system can be accessed online, with less upfront cost and a substantially less complex implementation process.
Alvaro I. Specializzazione: Internet Numero di dipendenti: 51-200 dipendenti
Help us at a time we were growing the company, so right now we are more efficient and have real time data because of Netsuite.
- Very Robust and Fully customizable
- Have an API and so connect with third party and other tools you use internally can be definitely doable.
- Multiple currencies, locations and internationalization help you when you have to access in different subsidiaries
- Have great tools for making reports
The support have been great the last 2 or 3 times I used it.
- Sometimes tends to be slow, It seems like that was a problem with the implementation but in general it feel slow.
- The UI looks old, but does what you need.
- The documentation is really heavy and sometimes is hard to find things there.
Arthur H. Specializzazione: Commercio all'ingrosso Numero di dipendenti: 2-10 dipendenti
The ability to customize just about anything your organization wants is rewarding. And if you are willing to spend, you can have your system fit your business processes like a glove. Integration apps, along with native functionality of workflows can put your business in a “semi-autopilot mode.” Practically limitless reporting capabilities. You can manage almost every aspect of the your organization while enforcing internal controls and monitoring employees with full visibility. I would recommend for enterprises with no less than 8M in sales and with at least 8 or more users to leverage the full functionality of this role-based system. Netsuite is built to fit the needs of each role within your organization, from the sales rep and warehouse manager to the A/R clerk and controller.
Nasty corporate culture. No accountability for system issues, error, or outages. Sneaky contracts that will hook you with discounts and raise fees exorbitantly after your are stuck with your data and huge conversion costs. Nightmarish implementation that Netsuite outsources to foreign “professional” services that know pretty much the same as you would do from the get go. They barely speak English—incorrect setup caused us much lost revenues and frustrated, burned-out employees. Never believe Netsuite reps who say implementation can be done in 3 months. Be prepared to spend a hundreds of hours to understand the software - it is not always intuitive. Plan comprehensive employee training. You will most likelly need a full time administrator to support users due to the high learning curve. As a retail and distribution company that grew out of Quick Books Desktop, Netsuite was apparently the the next solution. Although I still believe the software has much to offer, user interface is about 10 years behind time. My dream is that super user-friendly QuickBooks Online launches an Enterprise version one day.
Tony M. Specializzazione: Consulenza manageriale Numero di dipendenti: 2-10 dipendenti
customisability to suit needs of our growing business
cost to set up and run and for employees to be able to successfully use
Stefanie S. Specializzazione: Commercio all'ingrosso Numero di dipendenti: 11-50 dipendenti
Implementation was a nightmare. During Go Live, they lost us tens of thousands of dollars by deleting dozens of sales by accident. Every aspect of it is not user friendly and requires extensive coding knowledge. It is completely the wrong choice for smaller businesses.
They sold it really well and their sales team was very enthusiastic and engaging.
It is absolutely a nightmare to implement. It is way too complicated to function well. You need to be a developer to be able to do even the most basic augmentations. You might as well just build your own system from the ground up and save yourself the expensive NetSuite bill. The cost is huge and you can't make adjustments to licenses without long contracts. Despite their claims they don't know anything about integrating with other systems like Shopify via connectors like Celigo or FarApp. The integration team will not help you avoid even common pitfalls. The user interface is, despite their claims, woefully not intuitive or easy to use for average computer savvy individuals. You cannot easily make or adjust print or email templates and their WYSIWYG editor is garbage. The shipping component of it is far less powerful and customizable than many other shipping softwares like ShipStation. Their manufacturing processes are not customizable enough and don't account for realistic manufacturing challenges. You will absolutely end up doing way more steps for not much gain, making it very inefficient to operate. Their "support" is very limited and after you are past your support phase, help is non-existent unless your entire system is down. They are not appropriate at all for small to medium size businesses (despite their claims) and should only be used if you have an entire IT team that could probably just code a custom system for you anyway. Absolutely would not recommend!
Mariana V. Specializzazione: Biotecnologie Numero di dipendenti: 11-50 dipendenti
- The implementation has been extremely frustrating and disappointing. The sales team pushes for a sale that does not include all the client's needs, resulting in the need for change orders which causes delays.
-The implementation team is friendly and proactive but inexperienced/ with little supervision - I can tell they are working hard to find solutions for me, but they seem to be scrambling to figure things out without proper help/ and experienced person in the team.
- They have a tendency to promise things they are not able to deliver - for example, they sold me a 3-way match solution that they were not able to deliver it. Their excuse is that it wasn't working because of the partial receipt feature we need. Still, to me it is a very serious issue if they are selling things they can't deliver.
- Lastly, as it relates to reviews that you can't customize NetSuites, the truth is, you might be able to, but it will most likely be out of your scope. Although the change order may not be extremely pricey, the delays on the project may be extensive. And I'm not talking about 'unique customization' - I would think blanket POs/ partial receipts, 3-way match would be included in the original sales of a client that made extremely clear that the Procure to Pay module was the most important module to them.
- The software allows for some visual customization of the home page based on each role that is easy to do without the help of a programmer. For example, customize the views for each roles, set up alerts, etc.
- The search bar within the software works extremely well, which makes it easier to navigate;
- The use of the software is intuitive and easy to follow/ learn;
- The SuiteAnswers articles are very helpful in answering questions/ showing how to do anything one may need in the system.
Before selecting this software, I read several reviews saying the biggest issue was the how difficult it was to customize the software. Here are some actual examples:
1. If you want a new field (which they call segment) to be tracked for reporting purposes, you need to create a costume segment, which wont be part of the basic product the sales team sells to you. Also, just found out that it can not created as a mandatory field.
2. All NetSuite modules are standard/ out of the box. Even though we emphasized that Procure to Pay was the absolutely most important module to us, the sales team pushed the basic procure to pay module, which did not include Blanket POs or 3-way match. The thing is the sales team pushes the basic solutions to close the sale, but then later you are stuck having to process change orders, which although are not very expensive, each take about 2 weeks to process, delaying the project.
3. After delaying our project to include 3-way match and blanket POs (2-week delay), the implementation issues begun. It turns out that the 3-way match that they sold to us does NOT work. What the system was able to do is a 2-way match. Also, the system does not allow for an approval flow for releases of blanked POs. Lastly, the costume segment can not be a mandatory field as it doesn't work on blanket PO releases.
In Summary - The sales team will push their most simple out of the box version, upgrades result in delays.