Utente Verificato Specializzazione: Ospedali e sistemi sanitari
The best feature for me personally is the ability to work on my iPhone and iPad. I am extremely busy and not always able to sit at my desktop to work so this feature is crucial for me.
It was a bit difficult to learn how to customize templates the way I prefer but once you get the hang of it, it's fairly easy to work with.
Kelly F. Specializzazione: Studi medici Numero di dipendenti: 51-200 dipendenti
AdvancedMD is very user friendly with all the bells and whistles.
No big cons come to mind. Apparently, I can not complete the survey without adding more characters to this box.
Utente Verificato Specializzazione: Salute mentale Numero di dipendenti: 11-50 dipendenti
Overall, it worked fairly well for what we needed from it, and was more user-friendly than a couple programs I used in the past (whose names I can't recall). On the other hand, software bugs were common, and were harmful to productivity. Customer support was relatively helpful when needed.
Every employee can use the same program, including both medical and counseling personnel. This integration means everyone can reference notes as needed from both sides. The note templates (text fields, drop-down lists, tabs) can also be changed by administrators as needed and as preferred, so if, say, a counseling assessment is found to likely benefit from new questions, those can be added as new text fields.
In constant daily use, bugs were common. Sometimes AdvancedMD wouldn't play nicely with Chrome, and the cache and cookies had to be reset. Other times, a note that may have been started while online wouldn't be savable if the internet went off then back on. The settings and personalization for users could be difficult to find, understand, or to make certain organizing oe aesthetic changes that would helpful.
Harlan H. Specializzazione: Salute mentale Numero di dipendenti: 51-200 dipendenti
If you're looking for a powerful billing platform this may be a good system for you to consider. However, if you're looking for a full PM/EHR system to manage a mental health practice this system is not ready and costs too much for what you get.
- Great billing platform with many ways to keep track of claims and payments
- We're able to manage 3 locations with a single system
- The system overall has a lot of great capability and most of the functionality we were looking for in a PM/EHR system. However, as noted below there are issues with how some of these capabilities work.
- Templates can be customized
- The EHR is not user friendly and leads to many new users creating notes that are not connected to a session as well as multiple redundant notes for a session.
- There is no easy way to track missing notes other than going session by session for each chart
- The standard reports are generally not very helpful as they provide few ways to customize and filter. The filters that are present are often not logical ways to filter data. What's more frustrating is that there are actually more useful reports that are in the system but they cost additional money to be added to a user's key. For example, a common filter type is to filter a range of providers alphabetically. AdvancedInsight does provide an enhanced reporting capability (for an extra cost) that relies on Internet Explorer and MS Silverlight all of which are old technologies. It is also somewhat difficult and time consuming to learn and still does not provide the ability to customize reports in the standard report capability. For that you have to pay AMD to make the changes or to add the report that already exists to your key.
- Printing chart notes requires a time consuming process of creating a Microsoft Word Merge template for each note template and then printing each note one by one. The Word Merge templates are complex to create and manage.
- Our sales rep guaranteed us a 95% first pass acceptance rate. After 7 months we are at 89%. There are several reasons for this and the company has provided us a credit but don't be fooled by the promises of their sales team.
- Adding new providers can take up to a month. Again we have been promised a 24 hour turn around time and yet sometimes have to wait weeks to get new providers added to our system. Note: we have the ability to add Users but only AMD can add providers.
Danielle B. Specializzazione: Ospedali e sistemi sanitari Numero di dipendenti: 11-50 dipendenti
This is the first EHR system I have used and once I learned all of the specifics I can’t think of another system I would rather use. Very impressed.
I love the ease in being able to schedule patients and be able to schedule future appointments. It is extremely easy to search for a patient and see all of their insurance information, history, and everything else I may need to schedule or fill out a prior authorization.
I would prefer if most EHR and EMR systems were connected so there wasn’t so much jumping back and forth, but when it comes to advancedMD in general, I have absolutely no complaints.