Panoramica delle recensioni degli utenti

Informazioni su Okta

Okta Identity Suite is a cloud-based identity management solution that caters to businesses across various industries such as information technology (IT), consumer services, energy and utilities, telecommunications and more. Key...

Scopri di più

Valutazioni della caratteristica

Consulta le recensioni su Okta

526 recensioni su 526
Ordina per:
David F.

Data della recensione: 29/2/2020

Okta is great for admins and end users

Our company has so many apps that trying to remember passwords for all of them would be a nightmare. I love how Okta can grant access to one user while denying access to that same app for another user.

Vantaggi

I love how easy this platform is for end users to immediately pick up and use. It is also extremely powerful for IT admins to configure. The Okta Integration Network is a great resource to see if an app / platform is supported. I also LOVE that they offer free training and certifications.

Inconvenienti

I wish there was more documentation on how to configure applications from the Okta side. Example: I need to pass a parameter from Okta into my LMS, but neither the LMS vendor nor Okta has any docs stating how to do this.

Brian D.
  • Settore: Salute, benessere e fitness

Data della recensione: 3/12/2019

Okta makes all your single sign on apps simple to access

Okta is a nicely designed, streamlined, experience for the typical end-user. Making SSO to internal websites and application a breeze to use everyday at work.

Vantaggi

Okta was great for all our internal company websites and apps. With the single sign on, there was no need to remember a bunch of passwords to different websites or apps. Even if you added external websites to Okta, it would act like a password manager for your websites that you use external from the company. Very easy to navigate layout, and looks nice.

Inconvenienti

if any of your password got out of sync with Okta (mostly external sites that don't use SSO), it was a little difficult to understand how to update the password if you are not tech savvy.

Owen F.

Data della recensione: 11/5/2017

Okta - Easy on IT, Easy on End Users

Vantaggi

Okta is intuitive to manage. It packages a lot of components into a single pane of glass (unlike, say, Microsoft's solution which requires a bunch of disparate systems). You get a log of value for your money. The support and development teams are responsive. The support for single sign-on to non-SSO apps with the browser plugin is very helpful. The product looks nice, and is easy for end users to use. The Okta Application Network has far more apps total, with SAML support, and with provisioning support than the competitors.

Inconvenienti

Their MDM solution (OMM) is very basic, and slow to develop more features. It would be nice if you could deploy any mobile app you wish, not just the ones associated with catalog apps. OMM should really support enterprise wireless profiles as well. The browser plugin for IE sometimes misbehaves, and upgrading it doesn't always go as smoothly as it should.

• Settore: Sport

Data della recensione: 9/4/2020

Okta use for all aspects of office work

Getting it set up was a little difficult, but luckily our IT team helped us. Once it was all logged in and set up, it was very easy to use, and our IT team had every app installed that we would need to use for work.

Vantaggi

I like that it puts all of our apps in one place, for use no matter whether we are at the office, on a laptop, or having to use a public computer or even your phone. You can securely access email, box, our workday (time keeping and pay app), and many other things.

Inconvenienti

Sometimes it's difficult to access things if you happen to not have your phone with you. You have to have the second way to log in, and if you don't have your cell phone or an apple watch, you can't confirm your access.

Alexandra D.
  • Settore: Ordine pubblico

Data della recensione: 18/9/2019

Okta is a One-Stop Hub for Everything You Need

I use Okta on a daily basis to access a variety of resources for work, including email, the helpdesk and my HR information. It is easy to use and navigate. I love that it is a one stop hub for all of my company's resources.

Vantaggi

Okta makes it easy to connect to all of my company's resources, especially when I am working remotely. The interface is intuitive and visually appealing. There is a button for each resource on the homepage. You can even personalize your homepage by moving the buttons around so the ones you use most are at the beginning of the list.

Inconvenienti

I wish you could create categories or folders and organize all of the resources on the Okta page by these categories or folders. It would help me find the resource I'm looking for even quicker!

Kalaiselvan K.
  • Settore: Servizi e tecnologie dell'informazione

Data della recensione: 7/7/2019

Okta Review

Overall, i am very impressed with the Okta with its powerful security standard implementation.

Vantaggi

Okta exposes its identity API in REST interface with JSON which provide both Authentication and Authorization based on the need.So it is easy to integrate with any type of application as a front end security layer .

OAuth 2.0 implementation by okta provide token which has a validity for some specific time avoid the overhead of making extra authentication call each time.

They give different sort of strong security implementation including single sign on for both Authentication and Authorization but licensing will vary based on the implementation we use in the application.

Time to integrate with any sort of application is very very less .

Inconvenienti

You need to understand okta documentation properly to integrate the appropriate security implementation.

we have to put some initial effort in understanding the API.

Data della recensione: 25/3/2021

Get them all opened via Okta!

Great for managing multiple log-ins to different apps, you only need to remember one password and you should be all set with this secured platform!

Vantaggi

Ever since 2016 I've been using Okta as a way to sign in to different apps our company use. And since I only need to remember the password I have for Okta, it makes managing the other apps easier. I don't have to remember the passwords for all of the other apps. I can also ask Okta to generate and store the password for me when I am adding a new tile on the Okta dashboard.

Inconvenienti

It can sometimes be confusing if you are using a browser that has the password manager as well. It would probably make sense if the user can be asked which one he would use to manage his password, Okta or the browser's password manager.

Data della recensione: 24/5/2017

Great User Experience and Easy Administration

Vantaggi

Our users save minutes every single day, no longer repetitively typing and re-typing their directory password. When we have had issues with applications, their support has been extremely responsive. They also take what the community builds as custom applications and will roll those into the app library as they put polish on them and make them ready for prime time.

Inconvenienti

The only downside to Okta is cost. We know these systems are not cheap and Okta is one of the premium models for sure. We decided that with a system which was so user intensive and users had to touch many times per day for logging into applications, we were not willing to sacrifice usability for what came down to not a lot of money. I will tell you that the list pricing on their website is very negotiable. If you can find some other customers to talk pricing to you you'll know that good deals are there if you work it correctly with your account team and their sales cycle.

Bryan G.
  • Settore: Marketing e pubblicità
  • Dimensioni dell'azienda: 5.001-10.000 dipendenti

Data della recensione: 18/10/2019

Okta is great for MFA

Overall Okta has been a very easy tool to adopt and use for the organization. It's been consistent and there haven't been any issues apparent to the end user since the rollout.

Vantaggi

Okta is an extremely easy-to-use software for multi-factor authentication. It is extremely user-friendly from set up to ongoing use for any user with a smartphone. All they have to do is download the Okta app and follow very simple instructions to set up your Okta app with your token. Even switching phones is easy for those who get a new phone. The Okta push is consistent, fast, and reliable. For employees who do not have a smart phone or don't want to download the Okta app on their phone, there are alternatives like receiving a phone call.

Inconvenienti

The most challenging part of Okta is that it can only authenticate one account per browser session. If for some reason you have two accounts that each use Okta as the MFA, it makes the user experience a little tricky.

Elena W.

Data della recensione: 16/2/2021

I No Longer Have to Remember Passwords!

I love it. In the future, if I ever get my own business off the ground, I will definitely be considering OKTA as a software that we will use.

Vantaggi

At my company, we had separate logins for SO MANY PLATFORMS. And you know how it goes - each password has to contain a certain number of uppercase letters, lowercase letters, special characters, etc. It was getting so hard to remember passwords, and I was getting sick of having to reset my password every time I logged into something. OKTA solved that problem for me. By navigating to the OKTA page, I could click on one of the "tiles", and it would log me into that platform. Made my life 100x easier.

Inconvenienti

Occasionally, I would have issues logging into OKTA itself, which made it impossible to log into my other apps. This was a bug that our IT team seemed to fix. Aside of that, a lot of my issues turned out to be user-error. Once I received training for OKTA, all of my problems were resolved.

Moises F.
  • Settore: Servizi e tecnologie dell'informazione
  • Ogni settimana di utilizzo per Più di 1 anno

Data della recensione: 15/3/2021

Okta for known and custom developed apps.

Overall experience is great! As an engineer I like to have as many options when configuring to provide different solutions (Geoblocking, conditional access, ACL). I have been able to help developers integrate the Okta sign-in widget with their apps, add MFA to SaaS and on prem applications. Feedback I have received from admins is that the GUI is easy to use for password resets and updating accounts. Self service for users has a range of options like updating their profile, adding devices for MFA and you can expose which fields they can update.

Vantaggi

Okta is really easy to integrate with known software like AWS, Citrix, Salesforce, Workday, etc but the feature I like the most is the Okta sign-in widget which developers can use for app sign-in and offload the ID management to Okta for authentication and authorization. It is an easy way to have SAML and give user management to other teams so that your developers can focus on enhancing the app and not so much on the sign-in workflows, security and management.

I also like the documentation around its API. There is a powershell module as well.

Inconvenienti

Reporting is basic for an app as well known as Okta. There are times where I needed to get a specific report and I had to gather the data via the logs and api instead of the GUI.

• Settore: Marketing e pubblicità

Data della recensione: 12/2/2019

Great tool for giving end users access

we use this for so much, a user wants to access an email account or group, give them a chicklet for it, it allows for much better sharing of items and greater control over the access as well which is great.

Vantaggi

I love this tool. No longer have to risk giving out passwords to account. I can just give my user access to an OKTA account and then assign them chicklets to access account, software, groups and so forth, without them ever having to know the password to them. It works well and is fairly easy to use and set up users. The AD tie in is nice and helps in making it easier to add users to your account. Put yourself at ease and give OKTA a real look you will not be disappointed.

Inconvenienti

i would say adding users can seem a bit tricky and odd if you don't do it all the time, it could be a little clearer on adding users into your account. but other than that its pretty solid software

• Settore: Vendita al dettaglio

Data della recensione: 23/7/2020

Okta - MFA solution

Overall satisfied with product. Many companies have been increasingly integrating with okta.

Vantaggi

We have integrated Okta with most of our apps. With MFA enabled you need to download Okta app on your phone and accept the push to login. I have been using this for more than a year and has been working fine so far. Integrations with Okta have been ok was able to read through documentation and proceed with integration. There is single page which shows all the okta enabled apps which is cool too.

Inconvenienti

There is some delay in push notifications at times. Also in case you loose your phone then you are caught up since you need phone to login and need to work with helpdesk to get it sorted.

• Settore: Organizzazioni civiche e sociali
  • Dimensioni dell'azienda: 51-200 dipendenti
  • Ogni giorno di utilizzo per 6-12 mesi

Data della recensione: 13/5/2021

The most efficient software to streamline admin tasks

Like I mentioned earlier, this is the most valuable software addition, in my experience. It doesn't add any new innovative features, but instead combines all the apps necessary into one log-in process, with a centralized extension that lets you access any platform instantly. Takes away so much of the hassle that comes with working on multiple platforms (imagine - Trello, Gmail, Dayforce, you name it -- no log-in, no security texts, just a click and you're there!)

Vantaggi

This is by far the best new software I've used in the last few years. So many platforms exist that offer the same "innovative efficiency" for employees and employers alike; Okta is the one that really delivers. Long story short (in my experience with it) - it allows you to link all professional accounts (think email, payroll apps, time tracking, any other software you use) into one efficient log-in process, with an extension that allows you to access any of the above at any time, without having to fiddle with passwords, dual authentication, etc. It is a huge time saver for me EVERYDAY, and saves our HR and tech team the headache that comes with having to manually reset passwords or log-in info for employees on a million different platforms.

Inconvenienti

There was a slight* learning curve
*slight = it took under 15 minutes to fully set up, with some slight hiccups along the way, if you're not super tech-savvy. Luckily, once you're past the initial set-up, there is never an issue again. Everything just works!

David R.
  • Settore: Internet

Data della recensione: 29/7/2019

Single sign-on done right

We were trying to solve a ubiquitous problem - how to use cloud/saas services within an enterprise and keep control of the authentication to them all. Okta gives us a centralized place to manage those passwords, automates the integration of Active Directory authorization and authentication, and it also helps employees discover what services are available to us.

Vantaggi

Have you ever heard someone with this "great" idea? "I'm going to make a webpage that has all your links. When you click them, it'll authenticate for you". It sounds great, but in reality it's extremely hard to do. Securely storing passwords, integration with enterprise systems, centralized management of the lists of links, etc. And, if you do one thing wrong, you can compromise the security of literally millions of logins.

Okta seems to have conquered the problem. It's central management is wonderful. New employees login for the first time and immediately have dozens of applications available to them. New applications are all managed through our Active Directory groups.

It has a great chrome extension that gives you access to your links from your toolbar. The smartphone app, Okta Verify, is fast and works well.

Inconvenienti

At work, I use 3 servers within Okta. One for our "corporate" servers, one for "production" and one for our parent company. The chrome extension only shows the links from the most recently accessed. So, I end up having to use the web pages, even with the extension.

Also, having multiple Okta servers doesn't work well with LastPass and other password managers. They see all my servers as the same host. But, I have different passwords. So, I basically just turn off password management for Okta.

Grant W.
  • Settore: Gestione formativa

Data della recensione: 10/6/2021

Single Sign-On, Simplified

Okta has been great for keeping connected and ensuring passwords and logins remain safe, simple, and secure.

Vantaggi

Love that Okta helps to streamline signing on and handling logins over multiple sites from a business side. Using your company Okta login is all you need.

Inconvenienti

Probably a bit more often than needed, Okta will sign you out requiring you to sign in to Okta, just to sign in to another site.

Yuriy U.
  • Dimensioni dell'azienda: 51-200 dipendenti
  • Ogni settimana di utilizzo per 1-5 mesi

Data della recensione: 29/11/2020

Solid SSO package.

Overall, this really does help with consolidating logins, making onboarding and offboarding a very easy process. There are some admin panel quirks, but overall very useful.

Vantaggi

Software is easy to use and implement. The Control panel just makes sense. Every implementation is very well documented and pretty much walks you through every integration possible. MFA is fairly easy. Support is great. Even pre-sale, we were able to get support from sales engineers and it was great. Pricing is nice too if you go through a reseller.

Inconvenienti

While the control panel is nice, there are quirks. The bulk delete users process is painful, you almost have to do it one by one. The MFA, while nice, can be quirky. I am getting a bit fed up with the number of authenticator apps on my phone.

Owen D.

Data della recensione: 18/8/2020

Okta integrations is flawless

optimizing overall business processes by streamlining authentication.

Vantaggi

How well it integrates with all of our corporate tools needed to secure the enterprise.

Inconvenienti

I would request that they expand out the option to remember a device from 10 hours to 12

David B.
  • Settore: Telecomunicazioni

Data della recensione: 2/5/2019

Okta Buyer Review

Need to provide Single Sign-On (SSO) and policy modeled MFA/Adaptive Authentication along with Directory integration are the main use cases. Okta hit it spot on!

Vantaggi

SaaS Model, easy to provision and supports the most used applications from an access management and directory integration perspective. The user interface and capabilities are light years ahead of the competition.

Inconvenienti

Limitations around on-premise integration with applications and environments. This is not too bad as a SCIM provisioning agent/component is available to support limited provisioning to on-prem applications.

Eva K.
  • Settore: Istituzioni religiose
  • Dimensioni dell'azienda: 2-10 dipendenti

Data della recensione: 4/1/2020

Okta is Interesting

Our headquarters switched from Zimbra to Okta several years ago. Although Okta seems to be much better than Zimbra (our email is now powered by gmail), I wish that the Okta capabilities were a bit more obvious. I just discovered that I could attach other software/services like Mailchimp and social media accounts as plug-ins. My overall experience has been good...just slow-going.

Vantaggi

I would say that it is easier than other team/workforce email software that our company has used in the past. However, I still find it a bit convoluted. It seems like there are many things that can be integrated into our Okta settings.

Inconvenienti

I do not know if this is the fault of Okta or our headquarters, but it is still hard to see the full benefits of using Okta for our workplace email/communications.

Max B.

Data della recensione: 18/5/2021

Top tier identity provider

Okta is our go-to identity provider for clients and plays nice with most other software tools that leverage external identity providers.

Vantaggi

Okta makes it very easy to get started with an identity provider. It has comparable or superior features nearly all other identity providers on the market. The ability to create a trial account to quickly test and assess its feature set is also a huge plus.

Inconvenienti

Okta is great but the feature set and documentation can be overwhelming. For experienced IT folks its fairly straightforward to implement but for new users unfamiliar with identity management, the huge feature set and breadth of documentation can be a bit intimidating.

Data della recensione: 26/6/2018

No need to remember a password or ever log in again!

Vantaggi

I use this software for a company I work with and love how I don't ever have to remember passwords - AND how it logs me in automatically. I'm a man who loves things to be easy, and Okta removes those extra clicks of having to select my username and click submit (I'm looking at you, LastPass).

Inconvenienti

When I'm logged into Okta, it automatically selects my credentials for me. So for sites that I have lots of user names for, it overrides my ability to choose one. I then have to open an incognito window, and pull my un/pw from LastPass - which is a pain.

Han A.
  • Ogni giorno di utilizzo per 6-12 mesi

Data della recensione: 2/6/2021

Safe, Organized and Extensive

Excellent, you might end up needing a small team to manage all the permissions and access especially with compatible software but overall it's quite useful, and when and if the time comes where you need to lock someone out it makes it very simple.

Vantaggi

Love this software it covers a lot of ground usually use it to manage my employee's access. Since you set up agreements and policies it's easy to then allow certain permissions and deny them if ever there be the need. Implementing it takes time I'll be honest be once all that is done when scaling a company it's a must-have tool.

Inconvenienti

I dislike the slow implementation, the additional information input, and the several access keys needed to even set up a process. One wrong letter here and there and you can lose an entire workday solving a small team's problem. Access and platform could be more user-friendly but overall it's great software and it's affordable/safe.

Chase P.
  • Settore: Gestione di organizzazioni non profit

Data della recensione: 28/5/2019

Hands Down The Best SSO/Adaptive MFA Solution on the Market

We have been more than pleased with Okta. It makes signing into a bunch of different applications so much easier and only having to remember one password. Without having any prior knowledge with SAML, being able to set up new applications was still very simple and straightforward.

Vantaggi

Okta has simplified everything for us. The process of setting up applications is pretty straight forward, and the number of applications that are supported is amazing. The adaptive MFA is really neat so we can easily balance security and usability to meet just about everyone's needs. The amount of work we have to do to onboard a new user has been reduced drastically through the support of SCIM and APIs. They continue to innovate and bring out new features that further enhance the usability and security of Okta.

Inconvenienti

Only minor issues with Okta, primarily being chose of wording for some of the settings that lead to some confusion on when Okta sessions expire.

Kedar mendhurwar C.
  • Settore: Telecomunicazioni

Data della recensione: 5/11/2020

Okta SSO

If cost is not an issue, this is should be the tool to go to. This is one of the best IAM tools present out there.

Vantaggi

The deployment and app integration with Okta is fairly simple. The tool is very admin friendly and user friendly. It's due to it's ease of use and wide variety of features that it offers, it is one of the best IAM tools and regarded as one of the best SSO solutions out there.

The SSO integration is very simple and straightforward with most of the apps and most of the vendors that support SSO integration with Okta. The option to have an independent directory as well as an option to integrate with your existing directory works quite well. Other features such as life cycle management, Directory service and threat management make it a complete package.

If cost is not an issue, this is should be the tool to go to. The documentation is very clear and the supoort is very responsive. The deployment takes less than 3 months.

Inconvenienti

The only downside is the cost which is much higher as compared to its competitors

526 recensioni